Tuesday, November 28, 2006

To Wine, Dine and ...

Enjoy the company of 8 awesome people on a Monday night at one of my favorite places (where I don't get to too often, need to change that!) Charlie Palmer's on Constitution. Last night I had the privilege to be one of the invitees of the WPAS Wine Tasting Dinner. Neale Perl, the President, and Tony Lewis, a WPAS Board member, President of Verizon for DC, incoming Chair for the DC Chamber of Commerce, musician AND wine afficianado, invited this small group of wine lovers to enjoy each others' company, the amazing cuisine of CP's and of course, the awesome wines that attendees brought. Big cabs were among the favorite. I am a total wine lover (as well as bubbly), however, I have yet to understand the intricasies of true wine tasting. I have a tendancy to be a bit more simpler than that. My motto is "if it tastes great - drink it!"

I was learning a lot as my once pearly whites were getting redder and redder and the night was going on longer and longer, and my tummy was getting bigger and bigger. I was learning a lot about the rest of the group, and as I was learning about the "nose" of the wines, the "legs" of the wines, and and silkiness, complexity and more. It felt like I was learning about a some fabulous fantasy woman!

I have to say thanks to Tony and Neale - it was one perfect way to start the week off - but now, the bar has been set so high, I may have to just go for McDonald's the rest of the week ...

No comments: