Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My well needed spa experience ...

So my dear friend Brian Williams of Viget Labs, gave me some super advice on blogging - thank you Brian (note, Brian's clients include entertainers like Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Kenny Chesney, Shania Twain and more -his web company is awesome) - we shall see how I develop this blog! One tip was pictures pictures pictures ... oh boy! don't worry - I will be sure to post many pix - these adventures are best recapped with photos, all though, some may be a bit much for THIS site ;-) will have to wait until my "tell all" book ... ha ha.

Yesterday I had the most awesome experience at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Spa. I had been chosen to be one of a group to try out the new treatments at the Spa. Wonderful Spencer Yeo (director of marketing) had put me on the invite list and I was treated to 2 hours of the "Taste of Traditions" experience. WOW. first, the spa itself is beautiful and very orientally inspired (wonder why) and very serene and soothing. My girl came to get me and the experience started with us in private room and she was kneeling in front of me doing the foot cleansing relaxing treatment while I sipped tea in my comfy robe. I was kind of laughing to myself - here is this lovely blonde girl doing the Asian submissive act on here knees in front of me, while here I AM THE ONE WHO IS ASIAN. Very ironic. Now that would have made for an interesting picture. Then was the fully body scrub, followed by a shower (in the room) that she drew for me (can you draw showers? or just baths? anyway, she started it for me) and then after drying off, it was back on the table for a full TO DIE FOR body massage with these gorgeous scented oil. I chose the Oriental oil flavor. They have Arabian, Mediterranean and something else, can't remember. All smelled wonderful, but I liked the jasmine in the Oriental.

Trust me, after the weekend I had over the past few nights - I NEEDED to get rid of my toxins! I was like jelly after she finished me with a mini-facial. yummmm... totally recommend - here is the link to check it out ... http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/535000004.asp
Thank you Spencer! I am a new woman ... for now...

No comments: